Thursday, December 10, 2009

Mystery reader

Every once in a while Kelsey's preschool has a mystery reader -- a parent (or someone) comes in and reads a few stories to the kids.  They get a kick out of it because it's someone different every time, and the reader's identity is kept secret until they walk in the room.  This is the most fun for the mystery reader's kid, because of course they're seeing mom or dad walk in.  Today the mystery reader was me.  It was a lot of fun -- the author of the day was Maurice Sendak, so I got to read Where the Wild Things Are, and another one I'd never read called Chicken Soup with Rice.  The kids really loved Wild Things and we had our own little wild rumpus, etc.

This was right at the end of school, so I took Kelsey home and on the way I told Kelsey we were going to McDonald's for a cozy father-daughter lunch.  I said I was starving, and that reading stories must have made me really hungry.  She said, "sitting on my carpet round and listening to stories made me really hungry!"

No comments:

Post a Comment